Can I Sell My Car to a Dealership?
You’ll find that most dealers in Turnersville will buy your current car from you through a buyback program or when you come in to buy a new Nissan vehicle. This helps you save money on your next vehicle purchase or you can take the offer without buying another vehicle. Whatever path you go down, you can learn how to sell a car at a dealership with Nissan of Turnersville.
So, How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
How does selling your car to a dealership work? Selling your car to a Sicklerville dealership is a relatively simple process:
- First, clean up your car. Getting your car washed, detailed, and replacing small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats is a small and simple way to increase the value of your vehicle before you bring it to the dealership.
- Next, write down the benefits of your vehicle. This can include having a detailed history report – including maintenance, and additional features, and accessories (bike racks, key fobs, etc.)All of these pieces increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to dealerships.
- Be sure to have your vehicle’s title with you. Having the title ready when it comes time to sell will save you so much time and get you your offer faster.
- Do some research beforehand. You can use tools from sources such as Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership’s trade-in value tool, to get an approximate number of your vehicle’s worth. This is a great start for helping you to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to buy your car for.
- Choose the right dealership. A newer, gently used vehicle will probably be bought by a Woodbury dealership pretty quickly. An older model car, on the other hand, may be easier to sell at a used car dealership instead.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work: Steps
When it comes to figuring out exactly how to sell a car at a dealership, you’ve already got the first part down. After preparing your car for sale, researching its value, and compiling a list of benefits, you can expect the rest of the process to go as follows:
- Make an Appointment: Usually, walk-ins aren’t a problem, but setting up an appointment allows the dealer to get the proper documents ready for you.
- Used Car Manager: Typically, dealerships will have a Used Car Manager or a salesperson that can handle the sale with you. They’ll collect your information and run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: Sometimes the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle, or have it taken to our Nissan of Turnersville service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: From there, the dealership will provide you with an offer, and you can accept the offer or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Can You Sell Your Car to a Dealership: Benefits of Selling Your Car
Can you sell your car to a dealership? Now that we’ve answered this question and how to sell a car at a dealership, you may be curious about the benefits. Selling your vehicle to a dealership offers multiple benefits:
Save Time & Avoid Hassles: You can save a lot of time and trouble that comes with selling privately. You won’t have to worry about listing your car online, fielding buyers, and inviting strangers to your Sicklerville home for test drives.
Lower Your New Car Price: When you trade-in your vehicle at our dealership near Woodbury you can apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new car. This allows you to offset the price of your new vehicle or significantly lower your monthly payments.
Save on Your Taxes: Trading in and purchasing a vehicle in Sicklerville allows you to only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Sell Your Vehicle and Upgrade in Turnersville!
If you are interested in trading in or selling your vehicle to save on your next vehicle purchase or put some extra cash in your pocket, contact our finance center today! You can also stop by and talk to one of our sales representatives in Turnersville!
More from Nissan of Turnersville
Shop New Nissan Versa Inventory Shop New Nissan Sentra Inventory Shop New Nissan Kicks Inventory Nissan is well-known for providing true value to drivers through quality, reasonably priced vehicles. Cars.com reviews the value of the latest models each year, and it named three Nissan models as recipients of its 2023 Best Value New Cars award….
Shop New Nissan Vehicles Contact Us for More Info Auto lease terms generally specify a mileage limit. An excess mileage fee is imposed if a driver exceeds that mileage at the end of the lease term. Unfortunately, accurately determining how many miles you will travel over the next few years is challenging. However, Nissan Motor…
Are you in search of a pickup that delivers bold performance and good looks to match? If so, we highly recommend taking a look at the Nissan Titan. This beast features a 5.6L engine, allowing the Nissan Titan towing capacity to reach up to 9,320 pounds. Opt for the 2022 Nissan Titan XD, and your…